Lies. We are surrounded by lies. Strangers lie, our friends lie, we lie, and even children lie. How then, if we are surrounded by so much deceit, supposed to be defenders of truth? (1 Pet. 3:15) The answer sounds so much simpler than it really is: We are to be seekers of truth!
- We need study the truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 – Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Where and what is this truth? John 17:17 – Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. — John 1:1-5 – In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
- What do we do with the truth? James 1:22 – But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. — Psalm 119:9 -Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
- What is the truth to us? Hebrews 4:12 – For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. — Psalm 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
- What does the truth do for us? John 8:32 – And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.